As well as the funeral arrangements themselves, our services can include:
- Helping you to register the death once you have the medical certificate
- Collating the medical and legal certificates together with other documentation and handing them to the relevant authorities
- Arranging announcements in local and national newspapers in memory of your loved one
- Helping you organise a grave or resting place for cremated remains
- Providing memorials, ranging from headstones to cremation plaques
- Introducing you to relevant specialists if you need help in an area in which we are not qualified or licensed to give advice
On the day
On the day of the funeral, you can be confident that everything will go according to plan. Our expertise and years of experience mean that the day will run smoothly and seamlessly so that you are free to focus on the important things.
Our limousines seat six in comfort and we can supply more cars if required. We are also able to provide a collection service for any funeral attendees who are arriving by train or plane.
The service will be attended by our funeral directors who will escort you, your family and the principle mourners. We will guide you through the whole process, including any seating arrangements and will provide church ushers if desired.
Our services during Covid-19
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have continued to deliver the same high levels of care for families and their loved ones.
We have continued to allow families to visit their loved one in a chapel of rest, we have continued to embalm where desired and to allow people to be dressed in their own clothing. We have embraced technology to allow for Zoom streaming of funerals and receptions, allowing those restricted in attendance to still play a meaningful role in the ceremony. We've altered the routes to allow neighbours and friends to pay their respect as the cortège drove past and we've still allowed people to come in and decorate the coffin to make their own personal stamp on the final farewell. Now more than ever, as more deaths have occurred unexpectedly and families have been isolated from one another through shielding and lockdown, the small details really have made all the difference in ensuring a meaningful send off.
For more on our services during Covid-19 please see our Coronavirus update