We are looking for a Funeral Service Team Member to join our team based in Burgess Hill on a full-time basis and with a competitive salary.
The job description has been provided below. For more information please contact Emma Packer, People Team & Training Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of this position is to:
- To provide support to funeral directors providing funeral services from the offices of C.P.J. Field & Co.
- To be well presented, efficient and helpful in all matters concerned with the provision of funeral services in order that the reputation of the business is maintained at all times.
- The post holder is required to work flexibly, in a tight-knit team environment. It may be necessary to assist, or cover for, other staff from time to time.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Attendance at funerals, including driving vehicles and bearing coffins on the shoulder.
- Removal of the deceased from their place of death to our premises in a seemly and dignified manner.
- Checking and maintaining the mortuary register.
- Ensure the immaculate appearance of all company vehicles at all times.
- Collection and preparation of coffins prior to funerals including fitting out and engraving nameplates.
- Preparation of the deceased for presentation in the Chapel of Rest.
- To attend both day time and out of hours removals.
- To prepare graves and plots for ashes interments, including the removal and replacement of memorial tablets.
- To maintain office cover on an at-need basis.
- Willing and able to assist with any other duties which arise on a day to day basis which enhance the service and presentation of the Company.
- Keeping all premises clean and tidy specific areas for attention are- The mortuary areas, preparation rooms, fridge areas, the chapels, the workshops, the arranging offices, reception areas, and upstairs offices.
- General maintenance to include- Basic decorating, changing, light bulbs etc.
- You will, in addition to the above, be required to participate in a 24-hour call-out system in accordance with the local rota agreements for which you will receive an additional payment.
- Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed.