We require a very special person to join our team dedicated to serving families at one of the most difficult times in their lives. We currently have a position for a part-time Funeral Arranger/Administrator working 20 hours per week for our Funeral Directors situated at Haine and Son, Polegate. The core hours are 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, however there will also be the requirement to cover holiday/training and sickness absence of colleagues therefore the need for flexibility is essential
You will be working with and providing support to the Funeral Director and Principal Funeral Director to provide an excellent service for customers and assist with the process of arranging and planning funeral services. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in a tight knit team environment.
The key duties of the post are as follows :
- Follow the CPJ way of funeral arranging for which full training will be given.
- New Way adherence and excellent product knowledge.
- Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner. Taking, recording and forwarding accurate messages.
- Accompanying family of deceased to our Chapel of Rest
- Accompanying doctors to refrigeration units for examination of the deceased.
- Sale of monumental masonry and pre-paid funerals for which full training will be given.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reconciliations from the above system for submission to Rampion House.
- Daily banking of monies received in settlement of funeral accounts.
- Maintaining branch petty cash records, processing of card payments etc.
- General office administration including photocopying, faxing and filing
- Ensuring that the Funeral Home is clean, tidy and welcoming at all times.
- You will be required to attend full day training sessions to develop skills and knowledge. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel on these occasions. There is also a longer Funeral Arranger/Administrator training course which will occur at some point during the first 3 months of employment. The successful candidate must therefore be able to attend this course, be able to travel and possibly stay away.
- The successful candidate must also be able to provide holiday and sickness cover for job-share colleagues plus cover when attending training, so the need for flexibility is paramount.
This is a varied role with a difference and would be suited to a candidate who has the following personal skills:
- Caring, empathetic and confident nature
- Understand and be able to address the needs of the bereaved.
- A competent administrator, accurate, with excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel
- Flexible attitude - adaptable to the needs of the organisation
- Demonstrate a calm, efficient and compassionate demeanour
- Reliability, honesty and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
For more information on this position please contact Carolyn Emsley HR Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org