We require a very special person to join our team dedicated to serving families at one of the most difficult times in their lives. We currently have a position for a full time Mobile Funeral Arranger/Administrator to cover our Heritage & Sons and Shires Funeral Homes in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to provide exceptional care to our clients and families. You will be providing short term cover in all of our offices as business needs dictate. This is predominantly to support those funeral homes where we may require additional holiday and/or sickness cover, or as relief cover when colleagues are attending training and other development opportunities. You will be working with and providing support to the Funeral Directors to provide an excellent service for customers and assist with the process of arranging and planning funeral services. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in a tight knit team environment.
A copy of the job description is available below. For more information on this position please contact Emma Packer, People and Training Team Assistant at Emma.Packer@cpjfield.co.uk
The key duties of the post are as follows :
- Follow the CPJ Field way of funeral arranging for which full training will be given
- Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner. Taking, recording and forwarding accurate messages.
- Accompanying family of the deceased to our Chapel of Rest
- Accompanying doctors to refrigeration units for examination of the deceased.
- Sale of monumental masonry and pre-paid funerals for which full training will be given.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reconciliations from the above system for submission to the accounts team.
- Daily banking of monies received in settlement of funeral accounts.
- Maintaining branch petty cash records, processing of card payments etc.
- General office administration including photocopying, faxing and filing
- Ensuring that the Funeral Home is clean, tidy and welcoming at all times.
- You will be required to attend full day training sessions to develop skills and knowledge. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel on these occasions. There is also a longer Funeral Arranger/Administrator training course. The successful candidate must therefore be able to attend this course, be able to travel and depending on the location of the course, possibly stay away.
- The successful candidate must also be able to provide holiday and sickness cover for job-share colleagues plus cover when attending training, so the need for flexibility is paramount.
This is a varied role with a difference and would be suited to a candidate who has the following personal skills:
- Caring, empathetic and confident nature
- Understand and be able to address the needs of the bereaved
- A competent administrator, accurate, with excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel
- Flexible attitude - adaptable to the needs of the organisation
- Demonstrate a calm, efficient and compassionate demeanour
- Reliability, honesty and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Willingness to adapt and change at short notice
- Willingness to travel (for which business mileage expenses will be paid) is essential.
This role is a mobile position with the person working across our Heritage & Sons and Shires Funeral Homes in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
NB. You will be required to complete an Application Form as part of the recruitment process which will be forwarded to you on receipt of your CV.