We are looking for a Funeral Service Manager to join our London team on a full-time basis, with a competitive salary.
We have included a copy of the job description below. For more information about this position please contact Carolyn Emsley, HR Assistant via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of this position is to:
- To provide support to funeral directors providing funeral services from the offices of C.P.J. Field & Co.
- To be well presented, efficient and helpful in all matters concerned with the provision of funeral services in order that the reputation of the business is maintained at all times.
- The post holder is required to work flexibly, in a tight-knit team environment. It may be necessary to assist, or cover for, other staff from time to time.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing the entire funeral delivery operation. Management control of the central diary, defining and communicating daily orders, ordering and managing the stock of consumable items. Oversee the maintenance and presentation of vehicles & recruitment as required.
- Working in partnership with other Managers and Funeral Directors to ensure the best and most economic use of company assets, specifically vehicles and funeral support team.
- Leading and managing a team of Funeral Service Team members in the garage and in funeral homes assisting the Funeral Directors and ensuring all funeral homes are open & funerals delivered according to the needs of the client.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of vehicles, excellence in presentation and the economic use of the company assets.
- Assist PFD in preparation of (and performance against) budgets for direct operating costs; managing all matters financial in relation to funeral service support and other variable costs associated with providing people, vehicles and consumables for funerals.
- Guide and advise families through the experience of conducting a funeral.
- Know the identity and whereabouts of every deceased person in our care in the appropriate area and their status in relation to the funeral service, recording and communicating that information to others.
- Promoting the business within the local community and encouraging colleagues to do likewise.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues based at other funeral homes.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety regulations and other relevant legislation.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of requirements and there will be other duties consistent with the grade as directed.