We require a very special person to join our friendly team in the rewarding and fulfilling position of Funeral Director to cover our Ballard & Shortall funeral homes across North Sussex. Previous experience would be beneficial although a Trainee position may be considered.
For further information about this position please contact Emma Packer, People Team Assistant via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Responsible for collaborating with the General Manager, Principal Funeral Directors (PFDs), Funeral Directors & colleagues to maximise the success of their funeral home and the company.
- Set high performance goals for teams and for individuals, appraise performance, coach, discipline and praise colleagues on their work. Working alongside colleagues, demonstrating & living the standard of performance required by the Company as well as organising the work and people so they can deliver exceptional service.
- Organising the funeral home on a minute by minute basis to deliver for customers.
- Be "first among equals" with colleagues to maximise the success of their funeral home & the company.
- Understand, conform to and teach to others the Company’s standard of performance in every role.
- Organise the funeral home to support the Client and the PFD in terms of work and communication in the team.
- Ensure that job sharers communicate effectively and use the same systems; no "cracks in the pavement".
- Ensure that all colleagues contribute their best; good communication (listening, questioning, challenging, briefing, praising and team problem-solving) is key to this.
- Resolving any deficiencies in team or individual performance quickly and fairly with the coaching support of the PFD.
- Demonstrate the attitude needed to do a great job; positive, proactive, team spirited, dynamic & open to learning, innovation.
Specific roles and duties
- Guide and advise families through the experience of organising a funeral.
- Meeting customers at locations other than those of the Company.
- Managing all matters financial in relation to the funeral; including responsibility for collection of debts.
- Promoting the business within the local community and encouraging colleagues to do likewise.
- Support customers through other funeral related services such as preparing ashes plots for interment of cremated remains, arranging masonry orders, offering funeral pre-payment plans for example.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues based at other funeral homes. The role requires you to participate in the 24 hour call-out system in accordance with the local rota arrangements.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety regulations and other relevant legislation.
This role is a mobile position with the person working across our Ballard & Shortall funeral homes in North Sussex.
NB. You will be required to complete an Application Form as part of the recruitment process which will be forwarded to you on receipt of your CV.