We require a very special person to join our friendly team in the rewarding and fulfilling position of Funeral Director to cover our funeral home in Bedford. Previous experience would be beneficial although a Trainee position may be considered.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Responsible for collaborating with the General Manager, Principal Funeral Directors (PFDs), Funeral Directors & colleagues to maximise the success of their funeral home and the company.
- Set high performance goals for teams and for individuals, appraise performance, coach, discipline and praise colleagues on their work. Working alongside colleagues, demonstrating & living the standard of performance required by the Company as well as organising the work and people so they can deliver exceptional service.
- Organising the funeral home on a minute by minute basis to deliver for customers
- Be "first among equals" with colleagues to maximise the success of their funeral home & the company.
- Understand, conform to and teach to others the Company’s standard of performance in every role.
- Organise the funeral home to support the Client and the PFD in terms of work and communication in the team.
- Ensure that job sharers communicate effectively and use the same systems; no "cracks in the pavement".
- Ensure that all colleagues contribute their best; good communication (listening, questioning, challenging, briefing, praising and team problem-solving) is key to this.
- Resolving any deficiencies in team or individual performance quickly and fairly with the coaching support of the PFD.
- Demonstrate the attitude needed to do a great job; positive, proactive, team spirited, dynamic & open to learning, innovation.
Specific roles and duties
- Guide and advise families through the experience of organising a funeral.
- Meeting customers at locations other than those of the Company.
- Managing all matters financial in relation to the funeral; including responsibility for collection of debts.
- Promoting the business within the local community and encouraging colleagues to do likewise.
- Support customers through other funeral related services such as preparing ashes plots for interment of cremated remains, arranging masonry orders, offering funeral pre-payment plans for example.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues based at other funeral homes. The role requires you to participate in the 24 hour call-out system in accordance with the local rota arrangements.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety regulations and other relevant legislation.
For further information about this position please contact Emma Packer, People Team Assistant via email firstname.lastname@example.org