We are currently seeking a Funeral Director to join our team based in Horley on a full-time basis and with a competitive salary.
We have included a copy of the job description below. For more information about this position please contact Carolyn Emsley, HR Assistant via email email@example.com
The aim of this position is to be:
- An effective member of the local management team providing leadership and management whilst achieving excellence in funeral service. Actively and directly involved in the day to day operation of branch offices, arranging and conducting funerals, managing staff, maintaining computerised and paper office systems and promoting the business in the local community all in accordance with Company procedures.
- Maintaining the unique culture and attitude to the provision of funeral service in all activities. The post holder will be required to join the out of hours rota system and to work flexibly in a tight-knit team environment.
Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Arranging and conducting funerals in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promoting the business within the local community and encouraging other staff to do likewise.
- Supporting clients at all times from the first call until after the funeral and for as long as is necessary to meet the needs of that client.
- Setting and maintaining standards in accordance with Company guidelines with particular reference to the presentation and appearance of vehicles, premises, and staff.
- Daily funeral diary and funeral fleet management.
- Ensuring that clients are made aware of additional services and products offered by the company including pre-paid funerals, monumental masonry, transportation to Registrar appointments, catering etc.
- Provide other funeral related services to include preparing graves and ashes plots for the interment of cremated remains, arranging masonry orders, offering funeral pre-payment plans and so forth.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for funeral directors based at other offices.
- Training, monitoring and supporting branch staff. Having full knowledge of the duties of all staff and the ability to fulfill any role within the branch if and when required.
- Managing all matters financial in relation to funeral service including responsibility for collection of debts.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed.