We currently have a position, on a full-time Funeral Arranger/Administrator and Community Champion for our Attree & Kent funeral home in Brighton.
You will be working with the Funeral Director and Principal Funeral Director to provide great service for customers and assist with the process of arranging and planning funeral services. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in a tight-knit team environment. As a Community Champion you will work closely within their local communities to help strengthen the relationship we have with our customers.
We have included a copy of the job description below. For more information on this position please contact Emma Packer, People and Training Team Assistant at Emma.Packer@cpjfield.co.uk
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Follow the CPJ way of funeral arranging for which full training will be given.
- Meeting with families of the deceased and provide them with the highest level of service a funeral director may offer.
- New Way adherence and excellent product knowledge.
- Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner. Taking, recording and forwarding accurate messages.
- Accompanying family of deceased to our Chapel of Rest.
- Accompanying doctors to refrigeration units for the examination of the deceased.
- Sale of monumental masonry and pre-paid funerals for which full training will be given.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reconciliations from the above system for submission to Rampion House.
- Daily banking of monies received in settlement of funeral accounts.
- Maintaining branch petty cash records, processing of card payments, etc.
- General office administration including photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Ensuring that the Branch is clean, tidy and welcoming at all times.
- You will be required to attend a one-week training course to develop skills and knowledge and there will be the requirement to travel to the course and possibly stay away There will also be the occasional 1-day course which could mean an early start/late finish.
- Seeks out opportunities to raise brand awareness and strives to grow added value to the funeral experience.
- Works collaboratively with management team to achieve the ethos that the company “is more than just a
- Proactively seeking out opportunities to forge new relevant relationships.
This is a varied role with a difference and would be suited to a candidate who has the following personal skills:
- Caring, empathetic and confident nature.
- Understand and be able to address the needs of the bereaved.
- Possess emotional strength and resilience and be able to demonstrate a calm, efficient and compassionate demeanour.
- A competent administrator, accurate, with attention to detail.
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel.
- Flexible attitude - adaptable to the needs of the organisation.
- Reliability, honesty and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Strong community engagement and presence.
- Building and maintaining community relationships.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
The role will be based at our Attree & Kent Funeral Home in Brighton.
NB. You will be required to complete an Application Form as part of the recruitment process which will be forwarded to you on receipt of your CV.