We require a very special person to join our team dedicated to serving families at one of the most difficult times in their lives. We currently have a position for a part-time Funeral Arranger Administrator for 20 hours a week - hours Monday to Friday 1pm - 5pm , for our Funeral Directors situated in Battle, East Sussex.
You will be working with the Funeral Director and Principal Funeral Director to provide great service for customers and assist with the process of arranging and planning funeral services. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in a tight knit team environment.
A copy of the job description is available below. For more information on this position please contact Emma Packer, People and Training Team Assistant at Emma.Packer@cpjfield.co.uk
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Follow the CPJ way of funeral arranging for which full training will be given.
- New Way adherence and excellent product knowledge.
- Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner. Taking, recording and forwarding accurate messages.
- Accompanying family of deceased to our Chapel of Rest.
- Accompanying doctors to refrigeration units for examination of the deceased.
- Sale of monumental masonry and pre-paid funerals for which full training will be given.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reconciliations from the above system for submission to Rampion House.
- Daily banking of monies received in settlement of funeral accounts.
- Maintaining funeral home petty cash records, processing of card payments etc.
- General office administration including photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Ensuring that the funeral home is clean, tidy and welcoming at all times.
- Working with the Funeral Director to help promote the business within the local community.
- Take personal responsibility for developing your own skills and ensuring continuous learning is taking place. You will be required to attend full day training sessions to develop skills and knowledge. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel on these occasions. There is also a longer Funeral Arranger/Administrator training course (several consecutive full days) which will occur at some point during the first 3 months of employment. The successful candidate must therefore be able to attend this course, and possible be prepared to stay away.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for job-share colleagues plus cover when attending training.
This is a varied role with a difference and would be suited to a candidate who has the following personal skills:
- Caring, empathetic and confident nature.
- Understand and be able to address the needs of the bereaved.
- A competent administrator, accurate, with attention to detail.
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel.
- Flexible attitude - adaptable to the needs of the organisation.
- Demonstrate a calm, efficient and compassionate demeanour.
- Reliability, honesty and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Have the emotional strength and resilience to deal with the duties involved whilst maintaining a calm, mature and compassionate disposition for the family of the deceased.
The role will be based at our Haine & Son Funeral Home in Battle, East Sussex.
NB. You will be required to complete an Application Form as part of the recruitment process which will be forwarded to you on receipt of your CV.