We require a very special person to join our team dedicated to serving families at one of the most difficult times in their lives. We currently have a vacancy for a full time fully qualified/part qualified Embalmer to cover our Heritage & Sons and Shires Funeral Homes in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to provide exceptional care to our clients and families. You will be working with and providing support to the Funeral Directors to provide an excellent service for customers and assist with the process of preparing the deceased in accordance with family wishes alongside arranging and planning funeral services. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in a tight knit team environment.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Preparation of the deceased in accordance with wishes of the family
- Oversee the day to day running of the mortuary/embalming room
- Carry out tests to ensure correct function of extraction systems/formaldehyde exposure monitoring
- Carry out stock control and raise orders for embalming and mortuary products as required
- Travel to Funeral Homes and viewing facilities for cosmetic treatment of the deceased
- Promote benefits of embalming and caring for the deceased to CPJ Field colleagues as well as being available to answer client questions as appropriate
- Assist with other duties within the Funeral Home
- Flexibility to travel, at reasonable request of the company to cover other embalmer’s absence, holiday or sick leave.
This is a varied role with a difference and would be suited to a candidate who has the following personal skills:
- Fully or part qualified with the British Institute of Embalmers (B.I.E)
- Passion for the funeral profession
- Highest standards of service to clients and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills with drive to continually improve client experience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple teams at varying locations
- Ability to mentor colleagues, encouraging and nurturing enthusiasm
- Reliability, honesty and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Willingness to adapt and change at short notice
- Willingness to travel (for which business mileage expenses will be paid) is essential.
The role will be based at our Heritage & Sons and Shires Funeral Homes in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
For further information about this position please contact Emma Packer, People Team Assistant via email email@example.com